Here are the very best laptops for python programming students
You are just beginning your career as a Python developer. The most important device you need is a laptop. The power of PCs is good, but for coding, we need portability and convenience, and laptops provide these attributes better than PCs.
Okay, let’s suppose you want the best laptop for python programming. Then, what do you need to look for in a laptop?
If you’re specifically looking for a laptop for coding, here are some basic properties you should look for. It doesn’t matter what language you use, with these properties a laptop becomes good for tasks like coding.
What to look for in a laptop for python programming?
- Laptops with larger screen sizes are better. They will give you more viewing space.
- Look for an IPS display, that offers vibrant colors and clear text.
- CPU should be more than i3, i5, and i7 are recommended.
- The laptop must have a backlit keyboard as this will make coding in dark light possible.
- Make sure the laptop has good battery life.
- Lightweight laptops are a good choice as you will enjoy portability.
Our top picks at a glance-
1) Dell XPS 15
- Running an 8th Gen Core i7 processor for powerful performance
- Supports up to 16GB of DDR4 channel (2666MHz) RAM
- 256GB M. 2 Solid State Drive (SSD) that is PCIe compatible
- A Great laptop for programming and game development with GTX 1050Ti
You will definitely love the first pick on our list, the Dell XPS 15. This beast of a laptop has gathered quite a lot of positive reviews across multiple platforms within a short amount of time. And that is because of a number of reasons. For starters, it is using Intel’s powerful 8th gen i7 CPUs to provide exceptional speed as you compile large libraries of code.
- Like most durable laptops, it offers a fully aluminum chassis rather than a plastic one, providing additional resistance against wear and tear.
- The Dell XP boasts a 15.6inch full 4K Ultra HD display to share crystal clear images.
- The addition of Nvidia’s GeForce GTX 1050Ti graphic processor works wonders in the case of python developers. You will also get up to 16GB dual channeled system memory which is more than enough to tackle Python-related packages.
- Another cool thing is the fast-paced boot times which you will receive thanks to 256GB of M.2 SSD. Dell has provided it with a fingerprint reader as well, for users in need of a bit of versatility.
|It can be used as a dell laptop for programming and gaming||Customers complain about its bloated trackpad|
|A high-resolution IPS display||Not a cheap laptop for python coding|
|Solid built & a portable design||Lacks battery performance|
- A 13inch retina eye display to capture even the faintest lines of code
- The new & improved silicon M1 chips make it the ideal laptop to run Python
- Equipped with 256GB SSD Storage for seamless boot-time
- Backlit compatible keyboard with multi-coated interface
It has all the bells and whistles which you will need to kickstart your programming journey and become a professional developer in no time. For me personally, this is a recommended option that can deliver top-of-the-line performance, thanks to the latest M1 chips.
|Best laptop to run Python if you’re a Mac user||It can’t be classified as a cheap laptop for python programming|
|Its Retina-eye display provides clarity||The IPS display is a bit on the shorter end|
|Super responsive keyboard|
3) HP Envy X360
- A laptop with a 15.6″ FHD Display
- Enabled with 256GB NVMe M.2 SSD for super-fast load times
- Operates under a hexacore AMD Ryzen 5 processor @ 2.30GHz
- WLED-backlit compatible screen with touchscreen support
- A wide plethora of connecting ports, including a multi-format card reader
When it comes to 2-in-1 laptops for python programmers, there aren’t many models that can compete with the upcoming product in our review, the HP Envy 360. This machine can deliver up to the standards no matter how tedious the given task is, and for Python-related workflows, it’s good to go.
- This version supports 2 in 1 features, which means you can use it as a regular laptop or portable tablet on the go.
- The overall design is quite genuine, and there is subtle finishing near the bezels to give it a complete look. It’s also not that bulky and weighs just around 4.5lbs. You can easily carry it anywhere.
- The HP Envy is classified among laptops that offer reasonable specs at the backend. For once, it comes equipped with AMD’s Ryzen 5 CPU with a max clock speed of 4.0GHz.
- You will also get around 256GB of SSD storage, which is becoming a standard these days. Some additional features of this cheap laptop for python programming include a high-resolution 15.6inch anti-glare display, a full HD integrated webcam with audible speakers, as well as a backlit keyboard.
|A lightweight laptop to run Python||There are several audio issues plaguing the laptop|
|Solid keyboard with backlit support||Not for game development|
|Premium AMD processor|
- Fully functional through i7 10th Gen CPU under exceptional speeds
- 16GB DDR4 memory makes it a premium laptop for coding and gaming
- Powered by 80WH Lithium battery for maximum performance
- Accompanied with 2560 x 1600p 17inch IPS display
Besides a quality design, the LG gram 17 also features a couple of amazing specifications, making it stand out from the rest. For instance, it boasts an 8th Gen i7 CPU that is powerful and thermally stable. Even at high clock speeds, the fan speed and core temperatures will be maintained, and as a programmer, you definitely want that.
- Right off the bat, the LG gram 17 is a premium laptop to run Python with a sleek and intuitive design. It is constructed through a durable metal-alloy frame that is quite resilient compared to your traditional plastic body.
- It comes equipped with a 17inch IPS display that follows 2560 x 1600p in a single-plane switching panel.
- In terms of color density and pixel accuracy, this screen is one of the best in the business. The coding lines you will be typing on it will be crystal clear with minimal strain on your eyes.
- You will get quite a lot of ports, including 3x USB Type C and an HDMI connection. There are even micro-SD card readers for programmers in need of some level of flexibility.
|A must-consider laptop for coding and gaming||You cannot buy it as a programming laptop under 1000|
|Premium & lightweight design||Its keyboard layout needs some attention|
|An amazing 17h battery-life|
- Powered by a Quad-Core i5 processor with superb turbo frequencies
- 16GB DDR4-based RAM that greatly minimizes workflow-related stutters
- Fully upgradable 512GB SSD disk space for storing immense Python libraries
- A 15.6″ IPS LED display with anti-glare mechanics for a crystal-clear image
Like any other laptop for coding and gaming on our list, the Lenovo ThinkPad offers tons of reliability and a solid performance in Python-related projects.
This device is made specifically for developers who want to get the most out of their devices without much wear and tear in overall integrity.
With a sleek design and a premium battery life, the ThinkPad E15 is something you don’t want to miss out on. Each model in the ThinkPad lineup is bound to deliver, and the E15 is no exception.
Design & Display
Simply put, this laptop for game development is just phenomenal. Its design is sleek, and the overall body is compact to fancy Python developers or any other like-minded individual.
Another thing to note about its ergonomics is its black metallic finishing and beautiful-looking chassis. Lenovo specifically chose this color pattern in order to minimize wear and tear over the long run.
Whether your programming conditions are prone to drops or simply accidental spills, it won’t let you down.
On top of having a unique design, the Lenovo ThinkPad E15 produces bright & vibrant visuals. It comes in a gorgeous 15.6inch FHD display at 1920x1080p resolution to even the vague line codes.
Its anti-glare feature will stand out no matter where you plug it in!
Being a minimalistic gaming laptop for programming, the ThinkPad E15 has some quality features that separate it from the competition.
For starters, it comes pre-installed with the latest Windows 10 Pro to offer maximum performance for Python programmers. There is a USB Type C connection as well for those who want a bit of flash in their accessories.
I personally like the fact that it runs under 10th gen Intel Processor. This CPU draws less power but at the same time delivers exceptional performance.
Conversely, you can use its Lithium powered functionality and get more than 10 hours of battery timing. So, in the end, if you are searching for laptops for coding students, then getting the Lenovo ThinkPad E15 is seriously a no-brainer.
|Solid machine for python programming and development||There are a couple of warranty issues with this laptop for coding and gaming|
|Performance-driven specs||The keyboard is not backlit compatible|
|Responsive keyboard and a quality finishing|