Here we’ve compiled a list of the very best budget video editing keyboards of 2022.
If you’ve ever done any editing, you may have realized that it is extremely time-consuming. It takes hours upon hours just finding the right clip for that precise moment.
Although once you learn its shortcuts, things really start to fly, and you can then tackle more of your workflow in a given amount of time.
Choosing a right keyboard will make your video editing work a lot easier. Because keyboards do have designs, and keyboards for video editing are designed to offer convenience with extras buttons and features.
Thus, we have picked the popular keyboards that come under budget.
Using them will make your video editing a lot quicker. We have included RGB and wireless keyboards in the list.
RGB keys backlight can be useful if you edit in the dark regularly and are unable to identify keys at a glance. Also, a wireless keyboard may be a good option if you prefer not to be tied down to your desk.
Our top picks at a glance.
5 Best Budget Video Editing Keyboards
They are known for their premium design, affordable pricing, and performance-driven hardware, so it will be worth it no matter which one you pick.
- Designed specifically for professional workflow
- It comes equipped with ergonomic membrane switches
- Backlit enabled and compatible with both Windows & Mac
- Instant connectivity with up to 3 devices at once
- Programmable crown at the top left corner
At number one spot, we have a signature keyboard from Logitech that is designed explicitly with creatives in mind.
If you are searching for the overall best keyboard in the market for video editing this year, then you can’t go wrong picking the Logitech Craft.
It is paired with high-end features as well as a portable design that does the job for any kind of tedious edits.
On top of that, it is fully compatible with any software you think of.
- From DaVinci Resolve to Final Cut and Adobe premiere, it will definitely support your needs no matter which application you use.
Let’s look at some of the things which make it the best in the industry;
It comes with a craft. The Craft’s design is a welcoming for softwares like Adobe premiere pro, adobe illustrator, in design etc
- The matt grey coating throughout the chassis provides it with decent aesthetics and makes it quite durable.
- Besides that, its edges are completely rounded which complements the touch-sensitive keys that the Logitech Craft feature.
- Even its spherical membrane keys are quite dynamic and will lead you to accurate yet responsive keystrokes.
- It features a minimalistic design in a full-sized body that looks on par with any video editing setup up to date.
One of the main selling points of Logitech Craft is its multi-functional crown or dial located at the top right corner.
With this switch, you can customize individual commands in any Adobe suite app.
- So, whether you’re using Premiere Pro or lightroom classic, it will allow you to program options like brightness, contrast, zoom, and much more.
- Another great thing about the Logitech Craft is its multi-system compatibility. It supports creative work in both Windows and Mac setups.
- For those who want a bit of versatility in their workflows, they will defiantly love the Logitech Flow function.
- This feature allows you to synchronize both video editing keyboard and mouse and use them simultaneously across three devices.
- It’s a wireless keyboard for video editing, so you won’t have to worry about any kind of wired distractions.
|A simplistic design and a portable body||It is not a budget keyboard for video editing|
|Touch-sensitive dial for creative apps||Mediocre battery life with backlit|
|Backlit illumination for keys|
- Backed by Cherry MX mechanical key switches
- Sturdily built with an anodized brushed aluminum frame
- 6 Onboard programmable macros with multi-key combos
- 8MB memory to save customizable profiles and lighting options
- 19 zones RGB illumination
Logitech Corsair k95 is keyboard with RGB lightning that feels like a gaming keyboard. But it’s equally use for professional video editors who like a big of gaming taste.
Like Logitech craft, it is a top-of-the-line keyboard that is backed by rugged design and fully customizable keystrokes. If you plan on doing any professional editing work and want the best setup out there, then K95 RGB Platinum won’t disappoint.
It holds quite a lot of positive reviews by users on a wide range of platforms, which is living proof of its functionality and responsiveness.
For those who have previously used mechanical gaming keyboards, this product comes with the same set of feel and quality.
- It features a brushed aluminum body that gives it a professional or, we can say, “stealthy” outlook.
- The build quality of Corsair K95 RGB Platinum is top-notch, which will certainly make it accountable in the test of time.
- Besides that, its keys are fully textured and can be highlighted with pre-packaged keycaps for those who are looking for a bit of versatility.
- Speaking of keys, K95 RGB Platinum has an extra set of buttons on the top for easy access.
- One of which operates the profile change while the buttons next to it control brightness and system lock.
- You can even benefit from the volume wheel at the side, which is noticeably large for a gaming gadget.
- A great addition to Corsair K95 RGB Platinum is its six programmable macros near the left corner. They are ergonomically lined with the model, and you can easily assign them functions depending on the editing app you are currently working on.
- Just customize them with the help of CUE software and your profiles will be saved on the onboard 8MB memory.
- Being a high-end mechanical keyboard, you will be able to choose one of its many Cherry MX key switches.
- They provide K95 with decent actuation as well as that clicky feel. This may sound a bit off-putting for a video editor, but Corsair K95 offers full RGB customization.
- Each of its individual keys is backlit compatible, and you can assign them explicit colors along with the 19 zones in the top bar.
|Onboard macros and 8Mb profile storage||Its Stream Deck feature is complicated for beginners|
|Customizable RGB settings||It takes a bit of space on the desk|
|Detachable magnetic wrist rest|
- Explicitly-made video editing keyboard for premiere pro
- Compatible with every Windows version up to date
- Backlight qualified with up to five selectable levels
- Made from highly tactile Scissor switch keys
- Dual USB 2.0 connections
When it comes to best video editing keyboards for premiere pro, the options are quite limited, which is no doubt a bummer for any editor out there.
However, there is still a model that is custom-made for editing purposes and can defiantly help you edit faster in applications like Adobe without causing much nuisance, that is Logikeyboard Pro CC.
This keyboard provides you with almost all the shortcuts that you can think of in Premiere Pro & Aftereffects and places them at your fingertips.
- The keyboard is packed with all-plastic housing that is slightly raised by approximately half an inch for extra ease of comfort.
- Its smooth keys and overall ergonomics are comfortable and avoid any strain or fatigue on your fingers even after long hours of usage.
- On top of that, the keyboard for video editing mac uses scissor key switches that are really low profile and have less travel yet a surprisingly responsive feel.
- It might feel a bit odd at first glance if you are used to a mechanical keyboard, but I am sure that you will be quickly inclined to its touch.
- For those wondering how loud it sounds as compared to traditional models, let me assure you that it is quite silent. There is a definite squishy feel to its keys, but that’s not a bad thing.
For applications such as Adobe Premiere and Aftereffects, it has listed almost every shortcut you will need for your daily workflow.
- Right off the bat, these keys have their alphanumeric designations on top, so you can easily type on it as a normal keyboard, but in addition, you also have symbols and labels which indicate what they can do inside of each software.
- In terms of IO, it features two USB 2.0 connectors which are a standard these days. You can hook up your dongles or hard drives without having to reach around much.
- Other than that, it has a flexible yet long cord attached to it, which won’t mingle as you edit.
|Profound impact in Adobe Premiere and Aftereffects||There is a lack of premium features|
|Comfortable scissor key switches||Its somewhat editing-specific|
|It comes with a 1-year limited warranty|
- Multi-device support as well as wireless compatibility
- Convenient typing experience with an over-the-top number pad
- Compact ergonomics and solid build quality
- Available in full size with membrane key switches
- Budget keyboard for photo editing
Sometimes you just need a bit of versatility in your video editing setup. If that’s the case, then you will absolutely love the next product on our list, which is the Logitech K780.
- This high-end keyboard from Logitech allows you to connect up to three devices at once via Bluetooth or a unifying USB system.
- The main selling point of this device is that it works on a Mac, Windows, or even android.
- So, whether you like to edit your clips on mobile tablets or want to review your next project on an iPad, the Logitech K780 won’t let you down.
- It works extremely well, especially when you pair it with other devices.
Even priced under budget ($100), the Logitech K780 does not feel cheap plastic keyboard at all. It has a clear weight into it, which gradually supports the needs of professional designers and video editors.
- A good thing about this keyboard is that it comes in a full-sized setup with numerical included.
- Still, it maintains the compactness like any other premium Logitech keyboard and can get you the desired results within no time.
- It uses membrane keys for the most part, which also feel great to type on. They have a good response and ideal travel distance between them, which reduces the overall strain on your palm.
- Setting up it is extremely easy, and there is also a rubber tray at the front to hold your tablet and phone. This further adds up to the convenience of the Logitech K780.
- You will get three connectivity buttons at the top of the keyboard to switch between your paired devices instantly. Setting them up is also a breeze.
- It has a keyboard layout for both Windows & Mac, so you have the option no matter which device you prefer to edit on.
- It might not have backlit compatibility, but a glowing Logitech logo at the right corner is what it does include.
- Additionally, it has a couple of intuitive media keys at the front, which takes one press to activate. No matter what your needs are, you can get seamless action out of the Logitech K780.
|Optimized with an intuitive number pad||It doesn’t support rechargeable batteries|
|Ergonomic membrane keys||This keyboard for video editing mac lacks backlit|
|Adding new devices is extremely easy|
- Best keyboard for video editing and gaming
- Anodized aluminum coating for extra durability
- Tactile mechanical key switches with optimal travel distance
- Aesthetically pleasing RGB backlighting and effects
- Registered with Full n-key rollover
Finding a keyboard for both professional works like editing and gaming can be tiresome, especially in 2022, as the current market is a bit saturated.
Lucky for you, ROCCAT Vulcan 120 is such a model that it is great for not only final cut pro but also quite effective in playing FPS battles.
Besides that, as compared to some of the premium keyboards for video editing, it’s quite affordable.
ROCCAT Vulcan 120 can compete directly with many high-end video editing keyboards from Logitech, especially in terms of build quality.
- Its top surface is complemented by a nice brushed metal, while the keycaps are semi-transparent to provide it an over-the-top look.
- Conversely, the rest of the body is hardened plastic which is nowhere cheap and can stand the test of time.
- There is a braided USB cable attached near its rear end, which adds further support to its construction.
- In contrast to that, Vulcan 120 includes three flip-up feet at the bottom that are also rubber-tipped so you can get extra comfort while you edit your favorite clips.
- Speaking of comfort, like any other top-rated video editing keyboard and mouse, it does include a magnetic wrist rest which, of course, is easily detachable.
The key difference which separates the ROCCAT Vulcan 120 from the rest is its colorful RGB illumination and over-the-top lighting effects.
- Its half-keycaps expose the RGB backlit quite well, sending illumination in all directions, which you won’t find in any traditional mechanical keyboard in the market.
- Aside from its intuitive RGB, this model uses Titan switches, which are basically a turned-down version of the Cherry MX Browns.
- They have an 8mm actuation and a decent travel distance that will support you in your gaming venture.
- In addition to that, there are responsive multimedia buttons as well as six programmable macros. This will help you customize your editing setup on the go.
|Pretty accurate and quiet keys||Its Titan switches can be a bit hefty|
|Powered by ultra-bright RGB||Lack of support for mac OS|
|Ergonomic wrist pad|
Tips to purchase the best video editing keyboard
Buying a video editing keyboard is just like upgrading to your new setup. A slip-up in selecting the right model can be a bit costly for your overall investment.
1) Layout & Ergonomics
When investing in your next video editing keyboard, the number one thing you should be considerate about is the overall layout of your model.
- For a video editor, it’s common to work for hours on finalizing a clip on any of the major software out there; that’s why a discomfiting peripheral isn’t ideal as it puts additional strain on your muscles.
- You need something that is pleasing to look at and ergonomic enough to reduce the aches and pains on your joints.
If it’s worth the investment, I would recommend that you look for a design that comes equipped with a wrist rest.
- Now, this may sound not fancy but trust me; it will give you an extra bit of ease in the long term. Other than that, getting things like RGB backlit and other glossy effects depends on your personal preferences.
A professional-looking editing setup is all about customization and the number of onboard shortcuts.
That’s why it’s ideal for taking into account the overall programmability when shopping for a keypad.
- Many of the high-end models like the Corsair K95 RGB are included with adaptable macros.
- These added keys can be fine-tuned to any complex commands depending on the editing software that you are using.
- The added benefit of features like this is that you will be able to edit more in the given amount of time.
- This may sound a bit unrealistic, but once you get the hang of key mapping, it will greatly influence your future projects.
3) Multi-device Support
Another thing to look for in any fine keyboard for video editing in 2022 is compatibility with multiple devices.
Your gadget should be able to support the hardware for both Mac and Windows-based devices.
Similarly, it should be able to connect with multiple devices within mere seconds, like the Logitech K780.
Setting it up should also not be that complicated, and even a beginner be able to use it without any inconvenience.
So, there you have it, our conclusive guide on some of the finest Video Editing Keyboards on the market this year. At the end of the day, there is no such thing as the perfect keyboard for premiere pro as each of the models has a specific use case.
Newer models like the Logitech Craft might be suited for professional needs, while Corsair K95 is geared towards both gamers and photoshop enthusiasts.
That’s why I would suggest you first study your needs and preferences before making an ultimate buying decision.
Also, take into account how much cash you are willing to spend for added features that will benefit you in the near future. Let us know below which keyboard among the following is ideal for you!
Q1, How is editing keyboards different from standalone gaming consoles?
The feature which separates editing keyboards from any traditional model is the fact that they include adjustable shortcuts. You can customize macros depending on the editing platform that you are using.
Q2, Are mechanical keyboards perfect for video editing?
Mechanical keyboards are typically ideal for editing purposes as they boast solid ergonomics and programmable buttons. Besides that, their keys will provide you with that “clicky” feel, which is no doubt worth it.