If you’re trying to remove the google play store app, then it’s not possible unless you root your mobile phone. That can lead to losing your mobile warranty, therefore, not recommended. In general, all you can do is disable google’s apps. Here you can find the best way to go.
Android phones and android tablets come with a lot of default applications and among them are those from Google. These include Google search, Maps, Gmail, and a lot of others.
However, removing these default google apps is not easy as it may seem, and the usual thing you can do is to disable them.
If neither disabling apps can do the job for you, there is a way to hide android apps as well.
Disabling the Google App from Android
A lot of times Google apps are responsible for battery drain.
Apps like the Google search app and maps can run in the background, consume resources, and contribute to slower device performance. If you want to disable these apps, here’s what you need to do:
- Step 1: Open “Settings” by tapping on the icon from your notification bar or the menu.
- Step 2: Select Application Manager from the Settings
- Step 3: Swipe up until you see the name of the application that you want to disable
- Step 4: Tap on it and click “Disable”
You’d need to wait for a few moments before changes take effect.
Once disabled the app will not be able to run in the background, will not be updated automatically, and cannot show notifications. This is a good way to save memory and improve device performance. However, if the app is needed to run an application then it will automatically be enabled without needing any prior permission.
Deleting the Google Apps – The Dirty Trick!
If the above option does not satisfy you then there is a catch – deleting the Google apps, which requires rooting your phone. However, rooting your phone can void its warranty and can sometimes cause permanent damage to your system’s software.
Rooting your Android Phone
Before rooting your phone, it is important to know that the manufacturer and service provider may void the warranty on certain phones. Rooting is also an advanced operation and can be risky if you do not follow instructions carefully.
You should only try this after being aware of all the risks involved. Also, after rooting the phone the security of your device is compromised, and sometimes might not be able to receive official Android security updates.
Still, if you want to pursue this option here is how to root your phone.
1) Go to Settings> Security on your phone and enable “Unknown Sources”
2) Download KingRoot application onto any computer and install it. Plugin your phone into the computer via a USB cable. Launch the application on the computer and click “One-click Root”. The process takes about one minute and when done, unplug.
3) Once rooted you can remove the unwanted Google application from your phone. To do this you need to have SuperSU installed on your phone.
4) Open the SuperSU application and scroll to System apps. From there you can select the Google apps you don’t need any longer and wish to uninstall.
Getting rid of the Google apps from android is not a recommended option and I would rather advise disabling them.