The cache is the temporary information that is stored in your device by any application. Clearing cache is the most advised way to enhance any device’s performance.
But in the case of an iPhone or Mac, the only application which creates its cache within the iPhone or Mac is its browser named Safari.
But what happens if you clear the cache on Safari? Would it harm your device in any way? Or if there is any alternate to boost iPhone or Mac besides clearing Safari’s cache? Read the answer on your next scroll.
What happens when you clear the cache on safari?
When you clear your cache on Safari, all the browsing history, cookies, and other temporarily saved data will be washed off your device. Hence, it will create more space in your iPhone for storage.
Cache only helps your device to browse information which would be browsed frequently. Clearing the cache of Safari just increases the browsing time of iPhone or Mac up to some seconds, but this is not a big deal for it. It would not harm your device in any way.
Rather, It will benefit you by freeing up space on your device and making your system run more smoothly and effectively. So its a very good idea to delete cache on safari if you are experiencing any kind of issues or delays in the functioning of your browser
As we have discussed, it is very beneficial for our device to clear the cache on Safari. But do you know what correct method of deleting cache on safari can drive you towards all these amazing benefits? Let us tell you.
Clearing cache on Safari by IPhone’s settings
To clear the cache on Safari through your iPhone’s settings, you have to follow these simple steps.
- Step 1: Go to ‘Settings’ of your device.
- Step 2: Scroll down to search Safari and then click on it.
- Step 3: Now find the option ‘Clear History and Website Data’ in Safari and click on it.
- Step 4: A confirmation pop-up will appear on your screen to clear the cache of Safari from your mobile.
- Step 5: Click on it and hence, all the cache of Safari will be erased from your device.
Clearing cache on Safari on iPhone through browser settings
To clear the Safari’s cache by using the Safari browser, you just have to follow the given steps.
- Step 1: Go to the ‘Safari’ browser.
- Step 2: Select the ‘open book icon’ on the screen.
- Step 3: Your history will appear on the screen. Click the ‘Clear’ option in the right corner.
- Step 4: Select the time span of browsing history you want to delete. Selecting ‘All time’ will help you clear all the cache of Safari.
- Step 5: All the browsing history will be deleted. Hence, all the Safari’s cache will be removed from your device.
Clearing cache on Safari on Mac
To clear the cache on Safari on a Mac, you have two approaches.
- Step 1: Open ‘Safari’ browser on your Mac.
- Step 2: Right click on ‘Safari’ option in the upper left corner of screen.
- Step 3: Select ‘Preferences’.
- Step 4: Then select the ‘Privacy’ option.
- Step 5: Click on ‘Manage Website Data’.
- Step 6: Select ‘Remove all’ option.
- Step 7: A pop-up will appear for confirmation. Select ‘Remove Now’ on it.
- Step 8: When the data is removed, click ‘Done’.
- The cache of Safari on Mac will be cleared from the device.
- Step 1: Open ‘Safari’ browser.
- Step 2: Click the ‘Safari’ option on the upper left corner.
- Step 3: Select ‘Preferences’.
- Step 4: Now, select ‘Advanced’ and check mark the ‘Show develop menu in menu bar’ option at the end.
- Step 5: Now select ‘Develop’ from the main menu of the browser and right click on it.
- Step 6: Select the ‘Empty caches’ option.
- All the cache of Safari on Mac will be deleted.
The above-mentioned two ways will help you clear the cache on Safari created on your Mac easily. This will help you to enhance your Mac’s processing speed and free up the extra space consumed by the cache on Safari on your Mac.
As the above information answered well what happens if I clear my cache on Safari and also told the ways to clear the cache on Safari on different iOS systems.
So, you don’t have to worry now while doing this action because it will prove so beneficial for your device on improving its working. Overloading of cache can cause you to run out of storage soon, so removing it frequently can free up more space for important data’s storage.