While the screen is locked and therefore actions are restricted, there are still some fixes that can be applied.
So all we have left with the volume keys and the power button. These are the only options that can be helpful in this situation. And fortunately, with the below methods, you can probably get rid of the problem.
Quick fix: keyboard doesn’t appear on the lock screen
Try to reboot the reboot device by holding the volume down + power buttons together for 8 seconds. You should be able to see the keyboard after rebooting your device. If this doesn’t work for you. Then, you can connect a physical keyboard to unlock the screen.
So, now let’s get into the ways and follow each method step by step.
Read on to know the ways.
Method.1 Try a simple reboot
When the screen is locked, many mobile devices don’t turn off as they will ask to unlock the screen first. Worry not if this happens to you, there is still another way to reboot a device, which is known as hard rebooting.
To perform a hard reboot on any android with a screen lock.
Simply hold the power button probably for 20 to 30 seconds, and wait for the device to get turned off by itself. This trick works with most android phone brands, also with Samsung mobiles.
Method.2 Clearing cache
There may be a minor problem with the cache files of the keyboard app that you were using on your mobile. So, clearing the cache can help to get the keyboard back to work. If you don’t know what is the difference between clearing cache vs clearing data. Then, read this guide to learn about clearing data vs clearing cache.
Here is how you can do it.
- Turn off your mobile phone first.
- No turn it on. But you will have to press the volume up key while pressing both the home key and power button until the phone vibrates. To get into the factory menu.
- Look for “Wipe cache partition.” And confirm this option.
Use Volume up and down to navigate selections and the power key to confirm the choice.
Method.3 Connect a physical keyboard
If you are still facing problems due to the mobile’s keyboard not popping up.
Then you can try connecting an external keyboard. Yes, the same keyboard that you use with a computer can also be connected to your mobile via an OTG.
What is an OTG?
An OTG or On The Go adapter (sometimes called an OTG cable, or OTG connector) allows you to connect a full-sized USB flash drive or USB A cable to your phone or tablet through the Micro USB or USB-C charging port.
You only need an OTG (a sort of connector) that will connect a USB keyboard to the type-c jack. Don’t worry, the OTG is a very inexpensive peripheral.
- Connect the keyboard to the USB connector and your phone to the micro-USB connector.
- The keyboard will automatically connect just as it connects to your PC.
- When the keyboard has been connected, start typing on the keyboard and the text will start appearing.
With the help of an external keyboard, you can type in the password to unlock the screen.
Method.4 Open in Safe Mode
If you are a Samsung user, then you can try to go into safe mode.
If you don’t know what is safe mode?
Safe mode is a feature in Samsung mobiles that let you run your mobile device in the manufacturer’s settings. In simple terms, all the external apps will be disabled when you turn the Safe mode on.
Here’s how to turn safe mode on:
- Press and hold the Power key until the “Power off” screen is displayed. …
- Tap and hold the “Power Off” icon until the “Safe mode” option is displayed.
- Tap “Safe mode”.
- Your device will restart to show the home screen in Safe mode.