Flash and html5 are both used to enhance the web design and make it more interactive.
But there always remains a heated debate over the topic “ Which is best among the two?” or “Which one has more advantages and uses?.”
To understand it better and to come to a conclusion, let’s have a detailed discussion over flash vs html5 and its pros and cons.
Difference between Flash & Html5
Flash had been used in the industry for years to display graphics, animations, and stream videos on websites, but the era has changed now.
Developers, nowadays, need a rich multimedia platform for their websites, and html5 provides them with the latest multimedia features to make web content more presentable.
It provides much more features to your web pages than flash, so it is being considered the new future now.
To compare these both on the basis of their pros and cons, let’s discuss their advantages and disadvantages separately.
Pros of html5
- Html5 supports the recent interactive media elements that make web designing easy for development.
- It provides you with the facility to write clearer code.
- It has the capability to integrate audio and video content without keeping distinct plugin tags.
- It offers you the feature of an offline app cache which reduces the load on the server, hence, the files load faster and provide a better experience to users.
- It is more SEO friendly, and less maintenance is required for it.
- It has a lighter framework which exerts less processing power on your system.
Cons of html5
- The different video streaming standards are all supported by html5, but this variety of standards creates issues in displaying the content on different browsers.
- Users using worn-out machines use legacy browsers like internet explorer that create compatibility problems in accessing html5 based web pages.
Pros of Flash
- As flash has been used for decades, it has a widespread community of developers. So, it provides many pre-built files for other developers to help them with their projects.
- It provides better integration with legacy browsers and worn-out devices.
- Flash supports enhanced interactive experiences for the content for web development.
Cons of flash
- Flash is outdated and not supputed anymore by Adobe, most of the browsers have already stopped running flash content.
- Flash has a vast variety of interactive elements. The developers are often distracted by adding more of them, which reduces the actual content and faces a poor experience.
- Flash requires adding Adobe Flash Player plug-in to the browser so it can work with it.
- It has lost support to the mobile browsers, and it is also completely incompatible with IOS.
- Adobe has decided to remove the flash from browsers completely. So, it will no longer have any security, support and other updates.
Why is html5 better than flash?
Html is a structuring language for web development, and html5 is its latest version. Flash is now totally rendered by Google, and then Adobe has then announced to remove it completely.
Flash does not meet the demands of contemporary web development, while html5 provides an expanded capacity to make web designing more interactive and attractive for the users.
Its recent features, like removing third-party add-ons, have made it more popular among developers these days.
While comparing flash vs html5 pros and cons, we finally concluded that html5 is the new future for web designing and development. Html5 makes it easier for developers to create greater creations on websites. Its new features and functionalities can make their way much brighter in the present and upcoming era.