YouTube is a video hosting company launched in 2005 by Google. It is one of the most visited websites on the internet and home to a lot of amateur video producers. It has never been this easier to be a video content creator than now, all thanks to YouTube!
Learn through this blog post how to delete a youtube channel using a mobile device in the simplest way possible. Images will help you follow the steps more precisely.
The process is quite simple if you’re on a desktop. But what if you currently don’t have access to one? Well, according to Google, you can’t delete your YouTube account on mobile devices (as of yet).
Don’t lose hope though. Mobile devices have become good enough to run websites on Desktop mode, thus allowing you to access most desktop-only features.
Make Some Backups!
Before you delete your account, consider taking a backup of any videos and/or playlists. There’s no way of accessing any sort of data once the channel is deleted. So, take a backup to be on the safe side.
So, how to delete your YouTube channel? Let’s get into it.
- A working Internet connection.
- A browser that supports “desktop mode” (i.e., Google Chrome, Brave Browser, Firefox).
- Your login credentials.
How to delete a youtube channel using your android phone.
Follow the steps below to learn how to delete a youtube channel.
1. Open a browser that supports desktop mode.
2. Enable desktop mode and visit: studio.youtube.com
3. Log in to the account to which your YouTube channel is linked.
4. Zoom in on the lower-left corner of the website; a settings cog will be visible. Tap it.
5. A window will pop up displaying specific settings options, tap “channel”.
6. From there, go to “Advanced settings”.
7. Scroll down in channel settings, and in the end, you’ll find “Remove YouTube content,” tap it.
8. It will redirect you to a login page, enter your credentials and complete any form of security verifications (if you have enabled any).
9. Once logged in, it will display two options: “I want to hide my Channel” and “I want to permanently delete my content”. Tap the second option.
10. It will give you a disclaimer, read it, understand it, and then tick all the boxes
and tap “Delete my content.”
11. Finally, it will ask you to enter your email address as a confirmation to delete your YouTube account. Follow the instructions and tap “Delete my content.”
Summing it All Up
It isn’t that hard to delete your YouTube channel from your Android phone even if the option isn’t officially there. All you have to do is follow these steps carefully, and get your channel deleted with ease.