Even if you have accidentally factory reset your phone you can still get back your data!
There are a lot of ways of doing it but most of them require backup which is a hectic process. However, below you’ll find tutorials which will serve the same function without backup.
Recovering Data after Factory Reset with the help of an app (without computer)
Retrieving data from Android is not a difficult task.
All you have to do is download a reliable app which will do the necessary work for you! The best apps are mentioned down below:
- Tenorshare UltData for Android App
- DiskDigger photo recovery
- Restore Image (Super Easy)
- DiskDigger Undelete
You can download any aforementioned app however the following steps are according to Tenorshare UltData for Android App.
- Open Google App Store and search for “Tenorshare UltData for Android App.” Once you find it click on “Install”.
- When you’ll open the app there will be a number of options.
- If you want to restore your pictures choose the “Recover Photos” option.
- The app will scan your device. And once done it will show you all your deleted data.
You can either retrieve the entire lot of pictures or you can select only the ones you want to keep. Repeat the same steps for restoring Text Messages or any other sort of data.
Recovering Data after Factory Reset (via computer)
Another way of recovering data is through a computer. The following tutorial will not require backup.
A third party app will make your job a lot easier. As there are a lot of apps available on the App Store choose the one which seems the most reliable and also works the fastest. And if you don’t want to do the labor of hunting apps then simply install FoneDog Toolkit on your computer.
- Once the software gets launched connect your Android to your computer.
- A message will appear seeking your permission for USB Debugging.
- When you’ll allow it the actual work will begin.
- You can enable this option from settings. The settings will differ depending on which software your Android is currently on.
- However, simply searching for “USB Debugging” in the search bar will do the work for you!
- Once you have enabled it click on “OK” on the notification which will pop-up on your device following USB debugging.
- After your phone and computer have a stable connection the app will display different types of data which you can recover back to your Android.
- For pictures go to “Gallery or Picture Library” and for text messages choose “Messages” and so on.
- Once the software runs a complete scan it will display all the retrieved data.
- Choose the files you want to keep and click on “Retrieve”
- The data will get transferred to your computer. You can transfer it back to your Android device through USB cable.
Both tutorials can be used interchangeably for all sorts of data. You’ll just have to tick a different option in the end. Rest of the tutorial will stay as it is!