The Google Home app is a smart app that helps in connecting your switches, lights, and other home gadgets and enables you to control them remotely in a convenient way.
Before we dive in, it should be in your knowledge that Google has not introduced this app for Macintosh devices.
As unfortunate as it sounds that you won’t be able to download Google Home app directly on your Mac but don’t fret, there are android emulators that you have to download to run this app on your Mac device.
How To Run Google Home App For Mac
Many Android emulators are available on the internet. You can download any to run Android apps on your Macintosh device. Blue Stacks is highly recommended to install and run Google Home app on your Mac.
Let us know the easiest way of installing BlueStacks on your Mac so that you can use Google Home app easily.
Get BlueStacks Installed on Your Mac using macOS 11 Big Sur (step by step guide):
Note: Make sure to download the correct version of BlueStacks on your Mac to get the best experience.
- In order to download BlueStacks on your Mac, visit the link https://www.bluestacks.com/ to access the page where you will be able to download Blue Stacks.
- Once downloaded, you will be given the icon of BlueStacks installer. Double click that icon. It will take some time to install.
- The permission pop up is seen. Click open to proceed further.
- Then you will get another pop up. Click Continue to accept the terms and conditions.
- Press Install button.
- Now you will be asked to type username and password of your Mac. You need to enter these details and then proceed further by clicking on Install Helper. The installation process begins and it may take some time to install completely.
- Once installed, welcome pop up is seen. Click on the arrow to continue.
- You will be asked about having a Google account. Say no if you don’t have a Google account.
- Next, select Not Now and remove tick from the first option.
- Now you have to click 3 to 4 times on arrow button to complete the setup. Once completed, click finish.
- In last, you will get another welcome pop. Click Got it to finish the installation process completely.
- To start using BlueStacks on macOS 11 Big Sur, you have to restart your device. Once ready to use, launch the program by signing in with your Google account.
Note: Make sure to enter the same login credentials for the Google account that is used with the Google Home app.
- Choose the icon of Google Play Store that appears on the emulated android desktop.
- Once you have searched for the Google Home App, click Install button to start downloading.
- Now you have to launch Google Home app in BlueStacks emulator that you have installed.
- Click start. You’ll be asked to turn on your Bluetooth option and to grant your location access.
Now Google Home app is ready to use on your mac.
[Important]: One thing that you need to make sure when you are using installing BlueStacks emulator is that you need to have a good internet connection as it doesn’t comply with poor or no internet connection.
Now that we have unwrapped the step by step method on how you can download and run Google Home app on your Mac. You can leverage this guide and test it out as your pet project.
Did you find this article informative?