Following are the languages to learn in 2022 for cybersecurity.
Online scams are increasing along with technology. This increased demands of cybersecurity programmers in the past few years.
Whether you want to become a cyber security programmer or just a seasonal veteran, paying attention to these top 5 programming languages is essential to become an ethical hacker.
Best Programming languages for Cyber Security in 2022
If you are well aware of these programming languages, you will find it a lot easier to protect your affected system and prevent further such unfortunate attacks.
It is a scripting language, thus mostly used in web pages to make them alive, attractive, and add functions, without this language a web page would give a statical look.
- So when a user types his information, it would be collected by a hacker, not the original one. However, it is not so easy to perform such an attack for a hacker. He needs to catch a vulnerability in your java scripting code.
Although its main objective is to be used in the front-end, some frameworks recently made it work in the database.
- Hackers can use this language for stealing the Data a user fills up on a website. Mostly likely banking website, or websites where a user has to provide its debit card information.
SQL was introduced in 1989 by Raymond Boyce, its full name is (Structured Query Language). Many websites are using SQL for their Data management tasks such as RDBS.
It works with different database systems. Therefore it is also known as the most straightforward programming language to manage a database.
- SQL plays an important role in cyber security, as the database is the most crucial and important thing for a website owner to protect it from intruders.
Hence, you should have knowledge of this programming language if you have made up your mind to become a cybersecurity programmer.
- Hackers can attack and steal information from a website if there were some vulnerability in SQL codes.
You would agree with this that the Database is the most crucial part of a website.
- That’s the reason the hackers target the database most of the time, as soon as they see any weak point they can break through the stored data and steal it.
As a Cyber Security, this programming language comes at the top. You can defend your database by covering the weak points, and this could be only possible if you have good knowledge over this programming knowledge.
- The Complete SQL Bootcamp 2020: Go from Zero to Hero: This SQL course is for beginners. It teaches SQL fundamentals from scratch and no prerequisite knowledge of SQL is required. at the end of this course, you will have good knowledge of SQL database and will be able to build SQL projects from scratch.
- SQL & Database Design A-Z™: Learn MS SQL Server + PostgreSQL: This is in-depth SQL database course for application developers. This course is best if you are just starting with SQL and want to learn the syntax of SQL queries with complex joins. This course more focuses on the designing part of the SQL.
- SQL for Data Science: If you are a data scientist or have started learning data science, this course is for you. This course is offered by University of California and teaches how you can use SQL to work with huge data.
Python is a high-level programming language invented by guido van Rossum in 1991. It is a versatile language used in web app development, machine learning, GUI desktop application, and back-end handling.
- Python language is widely used in cyber security to analyze malware, scan viruses, and penetration testing such as ethical hacking.
- Using Python gives hackers a free hand to scrape a website and find out the weak points; they usually use python projects for web scraping and data mining.
- Python language can help hackers breakthrough web servers since it is a general programming language, so many tools turn down their efforts. That’s why hackers use python script so they can write more robust code in a short amount of time.
- There are many ways Python can fit in Cyber security. Such that if you have knowledge and understanding of python. You can well defend your website from getting hijacked.
- With python code, you can write and run your script for your website that will auto-detect if something is suspicious happening with your website.
When found malicious codes, it alerts a cyber security to take necessary actions.
That’s why developers use python in Cyber security and list this language among the best programming languages for Cyber security.
If you happen to start your career as a cyber security programmer, python is a great choice as well as beginner-friendly. You will understand the Cyber security-related task faster with this language.
Also Read: Frameworks for Python
- 2020 Complete Python Bootcamp From Zero to Hero in Python: If you have just started with Python and want to work as a professional Python programmer, this course is for you. The course starts with all fundamentals of Python and teaches all complex Python programming. At the end of this project, you will be able to create a complete working production ready script in Python.
- Learn Python Programming Masterclass: This course is provided by Udemy, it covers all the basics of Python 3 including conditional statements, loops, binary numbers, Input/Output operations, flow control etc. This course is good start if you want to become a master in Python.
PHP was invented by Rasmus Lerdorf back in 1994, it is a server-side programming language, easily embedded in the HTML blocks. It usually connects a backend to the frontend.
- Most of its uses are related to websites; that’s why around 80% of the websites are using PHP programming language.
- The hackers usually attack a database with a PHP vulnerability and may take down the website if it is a (DOS) attack. Such attacks usually shut down a website for a period, or completely.
- Hackers may not be able to access and look into your database files with PHP; all they can do is delete them.
- With PHP knowledge, you can get back your website and prevent DOS attacks in the future.
- Most cyber security programmers have a solid grip over this language. Even WordPress bloggers understand the basics of PHP when such an attack catches them.
Therefore if your intentions are to learn cyber security for websites recovering, then you should learn PHP. It will open a lot of ways for you to dig down deeper as a cyber security programmer.
PHP comes with some tools for activating a shield to save your website from being hijacked, such as RIPS that can scan if something is malicious in your code.
Also Read: Best IDE for PHP language
- Ultimate PHP Basics for Absolute Beginners: If you have just started learning PHP, enroll to this course and thank me later. This course covers all the fundamentals of PHP and teaches PHP from scratch. At the end of this course you will be able to write a server-side script that you can deploy on server.
- PHP Tips, Tricks, and Techniques: If you are a PHP programmer and have some knowledge of PHP. This course will teach you tips and tricks to polish your PHP skills.
- Advanced PHP: This course is for advances PHP programmers. It teaches the object oriented side of PHP. Linkedin has 1 month trail membership, you can signup for 1 month trial and enroll for this course for free of cost.
It is the oldest programming language, developed by Bjarne Stroustrup in 1979. Basically, it is an extension of the C language.
- Most of its uses are developing desktop apps and mobile apps. It gives high-level access to system resources and memory usages. It is also the best language out there for reverse-engineer.
- Numerous hackers use this C++ language to crack enterprise software, or many paid games are being exploited by such intruders.
- As mentioned, C++ lets hackers be able to reverse the code of an app, later they play with the code a little bit, and develop the same copy as they want.
- In cyber security, the knowledge of C and C++ is essential. Thousands of Software-house companies are willing to pay a good salary to those who can stop or figure out how they can stop such intruders using their paid software for free.
- To some extent, it seems impossible to stop this leakage in software houses, and the gaming industry also seems to stand by.
Anyhow, C++ has proven some proven methods to stop such intruders, and C++ has a flaw finder tool that can detect vulnerabilities in a code. It was primarily added for cyber security experts to quickly scan all the written code.
- C++ Tutorial for Complete Beginners: As the name suggests, the course is for beginners and available for free of cost on Udemy. It starts with setting up the development environment for C++ and covers fundamentals of C++ from scratch. The only prerequisite for this course is you should have some knowledge of computers.
- Learn C++ by Creating: Learn C++ by Creating is another free course by Udemy. It focuses on practical part, you will learn by practicing examples. It shows how you can setup your development environment. One of the best free course for C++ novice programmers.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the coding required for cybersecurity?
Yes, the coding as well knowledge of programming language is essential in cyber security. With the knowledge of this programming knowledge, you will understand the type of attack so you can spot it and defend yourself in the future.
Which programming language is mostly used by hackers?
Python is the language the hackers use, it is because they can write faster and efficient codes in python for their evil intentions. Also, Python is a general and high-level programming language, that makes it versatile to use on several types of projects.
Is Cyber security jobs are easy to get?
As long as you are qualified, then you are most welcome. A large number of websites always look for highly qualified cyber security programmers. Cyber security jobs will be there as long as intruders and threats are taking place.
To become a specialist in Cyber security, you have to first master these programming languages. Because they are not only programming languages, take them as the tools that hackers use.
Once you conquer them, you will be able to understand the attacks more in-depth, thus you can come up with the most accurate fix.