QR codes are available in all the latest android versions. But how do you find out? here’s what you need to know.
The ability to read QR codes is now defaulted in mobile phones running android version 9.0. Almost all mobiles have this feature, like Samsung, lG, Motorolla, oppo, vivo, etc.
How to scan QR code on andoid mobile.
- If your device is running android 9.0 OS or latest, then simply open your mobile phone camera (use the Default camera app).
- To scan a QR code, Point the camera on the code , your mobile camera will do it for you.
You don’t need to download any third-party app nor there is a separate function to scan QR codes. If you have the latest android version.
However, for old devices you will need to download third party apps from the google play store.
Where is QR scanner function?
But in some latest devices, if the camera is not scanning.
It might be due to, the QR code scanner has given as a separate function. Sometimes it’s found in the notification menu bar. Drop down the menu, and see the icon you might see there. OR alternatively, use the search option in the settings to find out. if nothing worked, here is what you s
Here are all possible ways to scan QR codes using your android device.
Ways to scan QR code on your Android phone
1. Using your Camera
This feature is only available for phones which have Android 9 onwards.
- Just point your phone camera at the QR Code and wait for it to focus.
- Once the camera recognizes the code it will display the weblink or take you directly to the page.
However, if this does not work then these might be the possible reasons:
- You might have an outdated version of Android. To try solving this issue you can upgrade your Android version. Updating android version
- You need to turn on Google Lens from Camera Settings OR turn on “Scan QR codes” for Samsung models.
Using Google Lens
If the above-mentioned method does not work then you can use Google Assistant to enable Google Lens which will scan the QR codes for you.
Via third-party applications
The older versions of Android do not have the special features of scanning QR Codes so for them you’ll have to install other apps.
Below are the safest and the most used apps which work best with Android:
Other mainstream apps can also scan QR Codes
It might come as a surprise to you but the following apps can also do the same function just as fine as other third-party applications:
So if you have any QR codes related to the above-mentioned apps save yourself from the misery of downloading other apps just to scan the code.
Can my Tablet scan QR Codes?
Yes! Your tablet can also scan QR Codes only if it is updated to the required version, android 9.0. And the method of scanning also stays the same for tablets.