If you are not able to boot Kali Linux after installing it on your system. Here’s the guide that will guide you through the way. Read about Kali Linux
But before we hit all the issues, you should try this basic method.
Install Kali Linux using a graphical installer. After the installation has been completed, turn off the computer, remove the USB drive, and boot from the hard drive.
When the Kali splash screen appears, choose the UEFI menu and press [Tab] or [e]. Edit grub settings.
If this does not make any difference. Let’s move on to the list of fixes.
- How to install Kali Linux on android devices without rooting it.
- How to install Kali Linux on Mac
- How to update Kali Linux in an easy way
Troubleshoots: Kali Linux is not booting after installing it.
1. Configuring the default Operating System
When we directly open our laptop after the installation of Kali Linux, it so happens that Windows OS runs without showing the Kali Linux logo due to the default settings.
And sometimes the problem even does not solve by making changes to the disc.
It may be solved by completing the kali installation process, by selecting it from the grub menu and pressing the tab or ‘e’. Then,
- Reboot computer
- Eject the USB drive
- Boot from hardware
2. Configuring in startup and recovery processes
Now what you need to do to solve the problem is follow the simple steps,
- Click on your power button on the bottom right.
- Click on restart.
- As soon as the laptop opens, press the Esc button.
- Bios Setup Option will be displayed to you. Choose it by clicking F10. It will open the bio setup.
- Enter your password.
- Now we need to go on system configuration. Here you need to do all the work by using the four arrows.
- Here you will see the boot option. Select it.
- Don’t tamper with any of the other settings. Go straight to OS boot Manager.
- There you will see the option of Kali Linux boot options. You can see that you can go up and down on this screen by using F5 and F6.
- Now you need to press the F10 button after bringing Kali on the upper option so that it shifts all the settings to kali.
- After saving, the laptop will automatically restart. It will display the Kali Linux grub boot loader.
The problem is solved.
3. Entering bios mode via command prompt
Some laptops have different options. For that, follow these steps.
- For directly going to Bios mode via command prompt, click on F2 after starting the computer.
- They will show a separate boot option. Go there.
- The most important step here is to activate the secure boot settings.
- After activating it, you can see that all the security settings have been activated, and you may bring changes to them.
- Now click on Select a UEFI file as trusted for executing.
- Go to the disc containing the kali file, Microsoft, and the boot option and select it.
- Enter on kali. It will ask you to name it. Name it anything you want and save the changes.
For more clear directions, follow the link to a short video.
- After saving, restart your computer. Don’t forget to click on F12 to save the changes. You will see that the kali option will appear in the Boot options menu.
- Enter the name you chose for the kali file. You will see that you’ve entered kali. You can also set kali to default here. The Kali Linux will be put up.
4. Using EasyBCD
- Connect to Wifi. Download EasyBCD. Do not fret about the space in your disc because it is only 2 megabytes.
- Open it. A window will open regarding your permission for access. Allow it by clicking on yes.
- It will open.
- Go to add a new entry. Click the Linux option. Select Type ‘Grub 2’, which is the supporting option.
- Click on the plus option. The new option is added.
- Go to the edit boot menu. There you will see the Linux option. Set it as default by clicking on the box exactly opposite to it.
- Click on save settings.
- Directly restart your laptop or shut it down or turn it on again.
- After you turn it on, you will see two options. Select the Linux one. The laptop restarts again.
- Options will show. Select window 10.
- It will ask you to press a key to continue. Do so.
- Select Linux again. Now choose Kali. it will open easily.
To end the guidelines, I find it suitable to say that whichever way you choose, according to your wise judgment and considering your problem, each way is as easy as pie. After reading this article, it will not take you long to understand your problem and find a solution for it thoroughly. Dual boot problems can be fixed with eyes shut if the proper steps are employed. Moreover, the kali Linux boot problems can be easily solved by configuring the operating system successfully.
For any queries related to the above article, contact us. Don’t forget to give your precious feedback on the article.