Many developers are getting confused between anaconda VS Python when it comes to programming or data science-type approaches.
Here is the difference between python vs anaconda.
Python programming leads to multi-purposes, whereas anaconda is most likely preferred for Data science projects. Anaconda comes with pre-built libraries that save a lot of time for projects like ML to get started quickly.
While in Python programming, a developer usually has to spend extra time and effort downloading various libraries one by one. Such that Numpy, Panda, Script, and so forth.
You can read here- Numpy vs Pandas
Table of Contents
- 1 Differences: Python vs anaconda programming.
- 2 should I use Anaconda with Python?
- 3 When you should not use Anaconda with Python?
- 4 Which is better: Anaconda Python or Regular Python?
Differences: Python vs anaconda programming.
|Prime Purpose||Python is an Object-oriented programming language.||Anaconda is a distribution that has many in-build libraries for Python and R. Specially built for machine learning.|
|Different Package Manager||It has a pip, that handles tasks for package managing.||It has conda package manager for handling task.|
|Built-in libraries||It supports many libraries, don’t come up with many libraries by default.||It is great if you want to have essential libraries already installed.|
|Installation space required.||It requires one GB of space.||It requires one minimum 4 GB of space to run.|
|Best for||It is best for many work applications.||It is a great choice for people who want to do machine learning tasks.|
|Invented by||Guido van Rossum||Peter wang|
|Faster||It is faster than an anaconda python.||Its codes do not execute as fast as python.|
what is Anaconda in programming?
- Anaconda Python is like a bag of Python and R libraries. More Than 7500+ libraries can see there. However, not all of them are required for a developer.
Yet, it is quite a handy approach to get all of the tools in one place. It turns down the efforts and time.
- Useful mostly when you want to learn machine learning or want to do some machine learning tasks. Because its in-built libraries will save your time that otherwise, you will have put in finding and downloading manually.
- Besides just tools, Anaconda helps you share your exact format of code with your friends instantly, not to mention, it also has a pretty strong search dive where you can obtain modules, libraries, things you required.
What is Python Programming?
- Python is a general programming language. Its structure, syntaxes are too easy even for a very newbie. the codes you write in this almost relate to common English words that make them understandable.
Check this to see where you can learn Python as a beginner.
- Regular Python supports many modules, libraries, and frameworks, which are the main reason it has many work applications, take a look at some python projects.
- If you ask for Python applications, you will likely be amazed after realizing how extendable it is… from making games to creating desktop software, and not just that its primary purpose is to utilize this language in AL projects too.
It requires manually configuring tasks, even though many useful IDEs don’t come pre-built.
To summarize it, In regular Python, you will get every required functionality. However, you still have to find out on the internet.
Also read: How to install Visual Studio Code
should I use Anaconda with Python?
- You should use anaconda if you’ve just taken steps towards the field of Data Science as well as Machine learning.
It will simplify your journey compared to Python by providing you a place to get almost every tool you’re going to need.
Choose this If and only if your aim to get into Data Science or ML-type projects.
Anaconda comes with a bunch of tools that are essential for learning Data Science.
Moreover, it has Anaconda Navigator App where you can download libraries in a Graphical User Interface.
We have highlighted below some key differences among them, take a look at them for a better understanding.
Related; How to run Atom for Python.
When you should not use Anaconda with Python?
If your intentions are learning to program Instead of just machine learning. You better not to install Anaconda. It is no use for you.
You should use Pycharm like IDEs with Python for learning to codes. It is like a Python code editor, the most popular one.
It brings many packages for developers so that you will get a lot of useful stuff altogether.
To summarize this, to become a developer, the Anaconda would not help you as much as Pycharm. Instead of Anaconda, you should use Pycharm.
Which is better: Anaconda Python or Regular Python?
It depends on your project first. Well, most of the time, the anaconda Python refers to Data science projects.
If so, then Anaconda Python will lead you better and serve you with a convenient environment to start building your project.
- Regular Python would not give you as much comfort as Anaconda Python when deploying an ML architecture.
Do I need to install Python before anaconda?
Anaconda is a distro of Python. Thus You don’t need to have already installed Python. Anaconda comes along with Python and a bunch of libraries.
Which is better for Python; PyCharm or anaconda?
Pycharm is an IDE that offers an environment for writing Python codes, debugging, see the real-time output.
On the other hand, Anaconda is based on serving many necessary packages in one place. Generally, data science, machine learning applications, massive data processing, predictive analytics, etc. However, at some points, they both can be used side-by-side.
Should I install anaconda or Python as a beginner?
You should first ask yourself what your intentions are to do.
If you are on the way to becoming a future programmer, then Python is the way to go. In contrast, the anaconda is not for programmers.
It just simplified Data management as it has almost pre-installed all packages that are required for Data management.