Php is a server-side scripting language. It is used to display results on a front-end taken out from a database, MySQL, Oracle, and Microsoft SQL. In contrast, HTML5 is a Hypertext markup language used to create a page’s structure using tags, such as headings, images, lists, tables, and hyperlinks.
- HTML is only for the front end; without additional languages it alone can only shape a dull layout, giving it an attractive look: use CSS for adding some colors and styling.
- Use PHP when you want to show some sort of results to the users depending upon the actions. As it works with the backend, so if your project needed a backend, using PHP will help you a lot as it puts forward the piece from a back end.
PHP also will be applied for server-side programming to perform some logical calculations, hold or store data of users, retrieve data from a database, and automate email sending with PHP, it can easily integrate with different types of databases such as Oracle, MySQL Microsoft SQL, etc.
- HTML stands for the HyperText markup language and is only used to form a structure, the display heading, and hyperlinks. Technically it creates a static structure.
- A backbone to a page, without implementing this, you cannot format a design. Note that it does not include colors, styling, animations, etc. It can only create a dull colorless structure that later using CSS we can enhance the look, and java or typescript to perform animations.
What is PHP?
- Php stands for Hyper Text preprocessor, a server-side scripting language that is useful for making dynamic web pages. Often it is used in managing databases as well.
- It adds a high protocol as to when displaying any specific data that is fetched from the database is risky if you don’t use PHP. Because in this way, a hacker can easily read the SQL code to break into the database, he can this way mess around with your data.
- When using a server-side scripting language, it puts the data on the screen from a database. It displays all that data on the user’s screen depending upon the query or the function.
The point to clarify here PHP does not show the structure that is already there in the static format. Rather it shows something that does not exist in the front end, so when a user searches for it, it is needed to fetch it out from the database that is linked to the front end.
- In the simplest way, you can say that Php’s job here is to display any certain object that is not there on the front end. With PHP, we fetch up an object to be displayed in whatever way we want, writing PHP codes. SQL helps in this process also as it is a language that communicates with the database.
|Basic definition||It is a server-side scripting language used in dynamic web pages and apps.||it is a structure-based language used for building structure, content, layouts, etc.|
|Learning||Difficult learning.||It is the most straightforward language to learn in the programming world.|
|Uses||It is used for showing specific results on the front end; results depend upon the users and the program.||It is used for showing the static structure; without this language, a design will not exist.|
|Popular||It is popular among web developers as it gives a robust protocol.||It is also popular among all programmers, whoever needs to give a structure to a page, app, and desktop app.|
|Syntax||PHP basic syntax is as follows: |
|Code type||PHP files are dynamic. Its output depends on the browser as well as users.||HTML code is static as It always stays the same for every user.|
|Code editor||PHP is a complete programming language with logic and proper syntax, it requires proper IDE, if you want to play with PHP code||Although you can use any common text editor to edit HTML code, some HTML editors come with special benefits.|