Checking the similarity of code is not difficult at all. But, finding the culprit is not an easy job. People who plagiarize source code frequently make some structural changes so that the source code appears almost original or authentic.
It is nearly impossible to detect similarity without the help of the proper tool. So, it would be best if you had an appropriate tool that looks deep into the code.
Keep reading to get a list of some best code plagiarism checkers out there.
Table of Contents
- 1 List of 6 Best Code Plagiarism Checkers
- 2 Conclusion
List of 6 Best Code Plagiarism Checkers
We’ve compiled a list of the top code plagiarism detectors that work the majority of the time and you won’t regret using any of them.
Codeleaks– Source code plagiarism checker by copyleaks:
After successfully providing plagiarism services for bloggers, universities and publishers using advanced artificial intelligence technology, Copyleaks has started utilizing their technology to detect similarities between source codes.
Since many students worldwide are opting for the programming field, copy leaks introduced a separate plagiarism detector for source code to encourage students to do their original work.
- Easy to use and very precise
- Supports more than 20 programming languages, including XML, GO, C, C#, Java, Python, HTML, and many more
- It can handle a variety of file formats.
- Helps to find Instances of code plagiarism, both unintentional and intentional.
- An accurate similarity report is created for every submitted code.
- The API response time is a little slow.
Moss (Measure Of Software Similarity)
Moss has been in the game since 1994, and Alex Aiken developed it. It was the first code plagiarism checker ever made.
Moss is one of the most reliable source code plagiarism checkers. MOSS allows you to check all program solutions for signs of plagiarism objectively and efficiently.
MOSS supports many programming languages, including C, C++, Java, Pascal, Ada, and other programming languages.
MOSS makes examining the corresponding portions of a program pair simple. When you select a program pair from the results summary, side-by-side frames with the program sources appear.
- Fast, easy to use and free.
- Anyone can have access to MOSS which means it is no longer restricted to instructors only.
- The algorithm used in MOSS is more efficient than most of the code plagiarism checkers.
- Some students and teachers find it difficult to use Moss.
Codequiry is one of the best code similarity checkers since it looks deeper into the code and not just a slight overview which means You’ll have something that has been proven to be unique.
This feature distinguishes it from other code checker programs that ignore details such as comments and variables.
Codequiry is helpful for both web developers and clients who hire employees for developing software. It allows you to identify any duplicate information in a given code quickly.
- Look deep into the code, such as comments and variables.
- Compare your code against over 20 billion lines of public code.
- Easy to use.
- Supports most programming languages like python, java, c++ and many more.
- It also provides a pie chart of the sources that were used in the code.
- Provides free trial, but no free version of Codequiry is available.
To detect plagiarism, staunch compares the submitted code with billion lines of code available on the internet, ensuring an authentic report. Similar content will be highlighted in the report.
- This tool is free of cost
- Have advanced peer to peer check features to compare two or more copies simultaneously.
- It can check the code both externally and internally.
- Support different programming languages including java, python, C/C++ and many more.
- Easy to use; you just have to copy and paste the code in the checker tool.
- Display the result in graphs, match tables and histograms.
- It may take some time to run the test.
Unicheck is the most widely used plagiarism tool to check text plagiarism. As computer-related courses are becoming an extremely significant aspect of modern education, Unicheck has launched an AI-powered, quick, and simple-to-use solution.
Its technique is based on the quirks of source code, allowing it to be understood just as computers do.
Although this tool is still in the testing process, it can surely provide a detailed report of your source code similarity. Unicheck source code checker will soon be available for universities and schools.
- Its unique flexible scanning method can detect changed variables and comments in code.
- It provides a detailed report in which similar and partly similar content is highlighted.
- You can compare the two files as well.
- Support most of the programming languages.
- It is still in testing mode and not available in educational institutions.
AIST CCFinderX is a code-clone detector that discovers code clones (similar code) in various programming languages like Java, COBOL, C, C++, VB, and C#.
CCFinderX is a big upgrade of CCFinder that has been completely redesigned and re-implemented from scratch. Its new architecture and technologies promise to improve performance by allowing user-side customization of a pre-processor and giving dynamic data analytics.
- Users can modify the tool to work with different programming languages
- The analysis is done through metrics of code-clones.
- Dynamic research with numerous viewpoints of GUI front-end GemX.
- This tool does not accept files written in two or more programming languages
Finding the best code plagiarism detector can be a tough job. Most source code plagiarism detectors do not dig deep into the code and consider a little structural change to be original. With the increase in demand for programming languages, such tools are becoming common.
We know it’s a bit challenging to find the perfect code plagiarism checker that’s why we have jotted down a list of some of the best code plagiarism checkers and reviewed them unbiasedly so that you can pick one for you easily. Go through it and pick yours.
Let us know if you have any queries.